Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Runnin' on fumes.

"Running on - running on empty
Running on - running blind
Running on - running into the sun
But Im running behind." --- Jackson Browne

Summer, my least favourite of all seasons. With the fall of winter, summer has sprung up on me again and it shows us her true colours. While I normally abhor summer, this summer brandishes two friends with it for me, hope and discovery.

With my impending move to Melbourne within the next 4 days, I hope to find myself where I wished to have been 3 years ago, finishing my course degree and searching for work in my field of expertise. While almost reaching the pinnacle of 21, I have yet to even begin my course, and this has left me wondering what will be in store for me with a change of atmosphere. While leaving my friends and family will be hard, I wish to finally wish to speed up my slow, slow train towards my destination, instead of belating it's arrival with undisguisable deceit and self-treachery. While I will mourn the loss of my friends and brother who I love all dearly, this is clearly a time in my life where I need to push forward.

Knowing all this, and the possibly paths my future could hold for me at this time of my life, one thing still rushes through my head. An, Uncertainty, if you will, is this decision, truly, what is best for me? While I can't answer that question, there is only possibly way to find out.

No comments: